- Porto or Lisbon, Portugal
Sales Development Representative
With Switch, we've created an abstraction layer on top of the existing payments infrastructure, so businesses can get access to multiple financial institutions through one simple API integration.
We're looking for a highly energetic and dynamic Sales Development Representative to identify and generate sales opportunities through both inbound and outbound activities. This entry-level position requires an ambitious self-starter and someone that can effectively process inbound inquiries and identify qualified leads and opportunities. Relationship selling skills, with the ability to manage sales calls at varying levels of customer accounts, are essential.
The right candidate will work well under pressure, thinks out-of-the-box, easily initiates relaxed but informative two-way conversations with prospects and is highly self-motivated. This role requires understanding how to assess the company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect specifically.
- Following-up on inbound marketing leads and identify qualified opportunities providing appropriate levels of information at the right time for interested prospects;
- Educating and developing prospects leading to hand-off to sales teams;
- Creating target prospects lists and penetrating key accounts;
- Cold calling into prospects generated by a variety of outside sources;
- Identifying key players, researching and obtaining business requirements, and presenting solutions to begin the sales cycle;
- Profiling strategic accounts and identifying key individuals, researching and obtaining business requirements and presenting solutions to start the sales cycle;
- Setting appointments for sales team when a lead reaches a qualified stage;
- Nurturing new marketing leads by educating and developing prospects until they are ready to speak with an Account Executive;
- Driving attendance for webinars and setting meetings for conferences;
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team members on strategic sales approach;
- Ensure successful follow-through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in CRM application.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence;
- Extremely self-motivated with a diligent work ethic;
- High level of integrity and strong commitment to developing a successful sales career;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment;
- Adept computer skills, including proficiency with web search and professional social networks;
- Fearlessness: willing to hop on the phone with new people every single day and explain value proposition as it relates to each individual;
- An obsession with prospect happiness, setting the stage for effective sales follow-up.
- The courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
Nice to have:
- Experience with CRM applications;
- Strong network and understanding of the European tech industry;
- Proficiency in other languages.
The hiring process comprises of essentially 4 stages (all applications typical last 2 weeks):
- Phone Interview with HR team;
- Hangouts or F2F Interview with HR team;
- Final interview with our Sales Director and Board.