- Porto or Lisbon, Portugal
Android Software Engineer
If you are a talented and passionate Android Software Engineer, not afraid of stepping out of your comfort zone, yearning to learn with the best, and have a giant impact... We have a challenge for you.
At Switch we have the challenge to build a product that it’s huge and must be scalable to match the most use cases possible. Furthermore, it also needs to be reliable to process millions of transactions for some of the largest merchants/retailers in the world, complying with extremely critical security rules.
- Develop new features and apps across our Android POS payment platform;
- Manage integrations with different payment stakeholders / terminal manufacturers;
- Improve the quality of our current Android POS payment products while staying true to both Android and Switch’s design principles;
- Ensure the scalability of all current and new features;
- Guarantee as much compatibility as possible with other non-Android POS payment ecosystems.
- Engineer mentality: passion about solving highly complex challenges;
- Architecture-oriented engineer;
- Unafraid of stepping out of your comfort zone;
- Solid experience in the development of native Android applications;
- Comfortable with all stages of software development: from Software Architecture design to testing and deployment;
- Ability to write clean and optimized code;
- Good verbal and written English skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience in C++ is a big plus;
- Experience with card present transaction protocols (E.g. EMV/Nexo/ISO8583);
- Experience with Microservices and Docker.
- Work with people passionate about solving high complex tech challenges;
- Impact on the product and culture;
- Modern technologies and low tech debt;
- Progress fast! We promote ownership, doesn’t matter years of experience nor age;
- Flexible environment and work life balance - as well as good team environment;
- The Switch Kit: Macbook Pro and others;
- Health insurance with dental plan;
- Spotify and Netflix;
- Daily transportation Braga <> Porto Office for someone who lives in Braga.
The hiring process comprises of essentially 4 stages (all applications typical last 2 weeks):
1. Phone Interview with HR;
2. F2F/Hangouts Interview with HR and one of our Engineers;
3. Technical Challenge;
4. Final Interview with one of our Engineers and our Head of Engineering.