- Porto, Portugal
Principal SRE/DevOps Engineer
If you are a talented and passionate SRE/DevOps Engineer, not afraid of stepping out of your comfort zone, yearning to learn with the best, and have a giant impact... We have a challenge for you.
At Switch we have the challenge to build a product that it’s huge and must be scalable to match the most use cases possible. Furthermore, it also needs to be reliable to process millions of transactions for some of the largest online businesses in the world, complying with extremely critical security rules.
- Building a world-class Payments Platform-as-a-Service;
- Developing a micro-services architecture, with event-sourcing and big-data processing challenges;
- Improve our infrastructure orchestration, monitoring and alerting systems;
- Ensure security, high-availability and scalability across the platform;
- Work closely with the rest of development team to optimise development, deployment, quality assurance and maintenance processes;
- Work with our stack: Microservices, Docker, Consul, Ansible, Event Sourcing, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Python, Django, Node.js, Angular, React.
- At least 3 years of Linux Infrastructure Engineering experience;
- Expert in Problem solving, Monitoring, Automation, Service configuration and High Availability;
- Expert in Docker micro-services and cloud architectures;
- High-availability for PostgreSQL;
- MongoDB, Node.js, Redis, RabbitMQ maintenance;
- Great skills of Python and Bash Scripting;
- Motivation to learn about Docker micro-services and cloud architectures;
- Good verbal and written English skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience in event sourcing / stream processing / big-data;
- Experience implementing Security Standards;
- Security Certifications;
- Previous experience as a Backend/API developer.
- Salary range: €35k–42k gross annual salary:
- Meal allowance and health insurance with dental plan;
- The Switch Kit: Macbook Pro and others;
- Work with people passionate about solving high complex tech challenges;
- Impact on the product and culture;
- Modern technologies and low tech debt;
- Progress fast! We promote ownership, doesn’t matter years of experience nor age;
- Flexible environment and work life balance - as well as good team environment;
- Transportation (Braga <> Porto).
The hiring process comprises of essentially 4 stages (all applications typical last 2 weeks):
- Phone Call with HR;
- F2F or Hangouts Interview with HR and one of our Engineers;
- Technical Challenge;
- Final Interview with one of our Engineers and our Head of Engineering.