- Porto or Lisbon, Portugal
Principal Software Engineer
If you are a talented and experienced engineer, not afraid of stepping out of your comfort zone, yearning to learn with the best, and have a giant impact... We have a challenge for you.
At Switch we have the challenge to build a product that it’s huge and must be scalable to match the most use cases possible. Furthermore, it also needs to be reliable to process millions of transactions for some of the largest online businesses in the world, complying with extremely critical security rules.
- Develop new features, services, and apps across our platform;
- Manage integrations with different payment stakeholders;
- Improve our infrastructure orchestration, monitoring, and logging;
- Ensure high-availability across all systems;
- Work with our stack: Microservices, Elasticsearch, Docker, Consul, Ansible, Event Sourcing, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Python, Django, Node.js, Angular, React.
- Coach engineers on architectural thinking and advanced engineering practices;
- Be a servant leader available to help engineers with any challenges or questions.
- Engineer mentality: passion about solving highly complex challenges;
- Solid experience with software development, particularly backend;
- Significant experience at a senior level delivering complex projects;
- A proven track record of end-to-end delivery and systems architecture with extensive knowledge and experience of software architecture best practices, common challenges, monoliths and microservices;
- Extensive experience working with SQL and NoSQL Databases;
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with internal and external stakeholders;
- Detail-oriented person;
- Good verbal and written English skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Python/Django.
- Work with people passionate about solving high complex tech challenges;
- Impact on the product and culture;
- Modern technologies and low tech debt;
- Progress fast! We promote ownership, doesn’t matter years of experience nor age;
- Flexible environment and work life balance - as well as good team environment;
- The Switch Kit: Macbook Pro and others;
- Health insurance with dental plan;
- Spotify and Netflix;
- Daily transportation Braga <> Porto Office for someone who lives in Braga.
The hiring process comprises of essentially 4 stages (all applications typical last 2 weeks):
1. Phone Call with HR;
2. Hangouts or F2F Interview with HR and one of our Engineers;
3. Technical Challenge;
4. Final Interview with one of our Lead Engineers and our Head of Engineering.