- Lisbon, Portugal
Principal SRE/DevOps Engineer (Lisbon)
If you are a talented and passionate SRE/DevOps Engineer, not afraid of stepping out of your comfort zone, yearning to learn with the best, and have a giant impact... We have a challenge for you.
At Switch we have the challenge to build a product that it’s huge and must be scalable to match the most use cases possible. Furthermore, it also needs to be reliable to process millions of transactions for some of the largest online businesses in the world, complying with extremely critical security rules.
We're looking for talented and passionate DevOps to join our engineering team, helping us scale a platform currently processing millions of transactions for some of the largest online businesses in the World. You'll be working on highly impactful and complex challenges, helping us shape the future of the payments industry, namely:
- Building a world-class Payments Platform-as-a-Service with a DevOps mindset obsessed about problem solving, automation, infrastructure as code (IaC), scalability, infrastructure reliability and auto-scaling;
- Develop, maintain and monitoring a micro-services architecture at scale with huge big-data challenges;
- Improve our infrastructure orchestration, monitoring and alerting systems;
- Ensure security, high-availability and scalability across multiple cloud providers (AWS and Azure) and regions;
- Work closely with the development and QA team to optimise deployment, quality assurance and CI/CD pipelines.
- Work with our awesome stack: Linux, Microservices, Docker, Consul, VAULT, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, RabbitMQ, Spark, Kafka, Redis, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Deep understanding of microservices architectures using Docker
- Deep understanding of Linux operating system fundamentals, security technologies (firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc.) and associated security risks
- Knowledge of cloud architectures
- Knowledge of automation tools for Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, or Ansible)
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing environment and to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Great verbal and written Python and Bash Scripting skills
- Good verbal and written English skills
Nice to have:
- PostgreSQL high-availability architecture
- Experience with Kafka or RabbitMQ at scale
- Experience with Ansible and Terraform
- Information Security Certifications (e.g. as Security+, Ethical Hacking, CISA, CISM, CRISC, PCI)
- Continuous Integration and Delivery methodologies and technologies like Jenkins
- Work with people passionate about solving high complex tech challenges;
- Impact on the product and culture;
- Modern technologies and low tech debt;
- Progress fast! We promote ownership, doesn’t matter years of experience nor age;
- Flexible environment and work life balance - as well as good team environment;
- The Switch Kit: Macbook Pro and others;
- Health insurance with dental plan;
- Spotify and Netflix.
The hiring process comprises of essentially 4 stages (all applications typical last 2 weeks):
- Online Call with HR;
- F2F or hangouts Interview with HR and one of our Lead Engineers;
- Technical Challenge;
- Final Interview with one of our Lead Engineers and our Head of Engineering.