- Porto or Lisbon, Portugal
If you are a talented and passionate Technical Writer, not afraid of stepping out of your comfort zone, yearning to learn with the best, and have a giant impact... We have a challenge for you.
As part of the Product team, you’ll be crafting elegant interface copy that distills complex concepts into clear, actionable language. With a unique cross-functional perspective, you’ll be the key link between our Engineering team and the users and developers who make up our ecosystem.
- Producing straightforward, useful technical knowledge content, which may range from written documentation and tutorials to eLearning and video materials;
- Researching and experimenting with the product to create clear mental models that are easy to explain;
- Interacting with our target market, to create the words that guide Switch’s product experiences;
- Ensuring that the content we create is easy to find, browse, and understand;
- Creating, maintaining, and implementing style guides and shared nomenclature across Switch;
- Working in a “docs as code” environment, where documentation and other assets are handled and delivered following practices similar to the ones used in software development.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English;
- Ability to create different types of technical content (e.g. navigation items, button labels, tool tips, headlines, intro copy, error messages);
- Gathering feedback that helps us expand and improve existing content;
- Motivation to work in a highly collaborative environment;
- Good communication skills;
- An analytical mindset, research, and exploration skills;
- Outstanding attention to quality and detail;
- Relentless user-focused mindset.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience writing documentation, or creating training in a technical field, or a technical degree (i.e. Computer Science);
- Software development experience in any programming language (ideally web technologies);
- Experience in content management systems and documentation software;
- Experience with Markdown, GitHub and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery practices within technical communication environments preferred.
- Work in a high complexity industry and competing with giants;
- Impact on the product and culture;
- Work with people passionate about solving high complex tech challenges;
- Modern technologies and low tech debt;
- Progress fast! We promote ownership, doesn’t matter years of experience nor age;
- Flexible environment and work life balance - as well as good team environment;
- The Switch Kit: Macbook and others;
- Health insurance with dental plan.
The hiring process comprises of essentially 4 stages (all applications typical last 2 weeks):
- Online Call with HR;
- F2F or hangouts Interview with HR;
- Final Interview with our Head of Product.