- Porto or Lisbon, Portugal
QA Automation Engineer
If you are a talented and passionate Quality Assurance Engineer, not afraid of stepping out of your comfort zone, yearning to learn with the best, and have a giant impact... We have a challenge for you.
At Switch we have the challenge to build a product that it’s huge and must be scalable to match the most use cases possible. Furthermore, it also needs to be reliable to process millions of transactions for some of the largest online businesses in the world, complying with extremely critical security rules.
- Building a world-class Payments Platform-as-a-Service;
- Building advanced and automated test suites and tools with the development and devOps teams to exercise our microservices;
- Preparing status reports for all progress and document all automation processes and design an efficient automation framework;
- Coordinating with product and engineering to design all test plans and analyse all functional and non functional requirements providing training to staff, if required;
- Administering performance of all regression tests on functional processes and develop all required test plans for various automated processes;
- Working closely with the rest of development team to optimise development, deployment and maintenance processes;
- Working with our stack: Microservices, Docker, Consul, Ansible, Event Sourcing, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Python, Django, Node.js, Angular, React.
- Expert in Problem solving and Automation;
- Experience with test automation and continuous integration/delivery tools such as Selenium, Jenkins and others;
- Proficiency with version control systems (e.g. Git);
- Detail-oriented person;
- Good scripting skills in at least one common language (Python, Bash);
- At least 1 year of Linux Infrastructure Engineering experience;
- Motivation to learn about Docker micro-services and cloud architectures;
- Good verbal and written English skills.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience as a Backend/API developer;
- ISTQB Foundation Certification;
- Experience with Docker;
- Working knowledge of tools like JIRA, Confluence.
- Work with people passionate about solving high complex tech challenges;
- Impact on the product and culture;
- Modern technologies and low tech debt;
- Progress fast! We promote ownership, doesn’t matter years of experience nor age;
- Flexible environment and work life balance - as well as good team environment;
- The Switch Kit: Macbook Pro and others;
- Health insurance with dental plan;
- Spotify and Netflix;
- Transportation (Braga <> Porto).
The hiring process comprises of essentially 4 stages (all applications typical last 2 weeks):
- Online Call with HR;
- F2F Interview with HR and one of our Lead Engineers;
- Technical Challenge;
- QA Final Interview with one of our Lead Engineers and our Head of Engineering.